Wednesday, August 24, 2011

...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

I’m not going to lie.  This note was created for the sole purpose of raising money for a beautiful little girl who is fighting for her life while she waits for a donor heart transplant.

Who is this little girl?  Her name is Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards) she is my co-workers granddaughter and she is just three years old.  This plea is directed to my family, to my friends, to those who wish they were my friends, to those who admire me, to those who do not, to those who wish they could stop being my friend and finally to those who are reading this and don’t really know who the hell I am.

I am Lisa Ekanger, and yes, I have the audacity to ask you for money.

Money, what is it anyway?  It is the currency of energy; it is the currency of our lives.  We use it, we abuse it ~ sometimes we have more of it and other times less.  One thing we know for sure is that hopes, wishes and even prayers will not pay the bills for a blue collar family when a crisis erupts.

For those lucky enough to reach adulthood, we recall moments from our own childhood when we shake our heads and say to ourselves, “Wow, it’s a miracle I made it to adulthood.” Childhood is a vulnerable time for everyone and each of us knows this, so when a child is born with medical problems the path is much harder to traverse.

We have a responsibility to be role models to the children in our lives (and when I am in close contact with the people affected by this heartbreak) I am compelled to do my part to make a difference for them.  I have never met Neveah and I don’t know if I ever will.  The thing is it doesn’t matter.  Her tiny damaged beating heart is all that matters in her world right now.  As she slumbers in a medically induced coma, she is completely unaware of what is happening to her.

This plea for money is for the people who are aware of what is happening, her family.  Their worlds have been turned upside down by this situation and the expenses of trying to pay bills, pay for gas, pay for a hotel, pay for food and other miscellaneous expenses that are huge additional stressors on them right now.  Please give what you can; this gesture will help alleviate some of the stress that my co-worker Rhonda and her family are going through right now.

Thank you in advance for your generosity! You can send cash or write a check to: Rhonda Duff send it to 916 Clinton Avenue St Clair MI 48079 If you live in St. Clair (or nearby) you can swing by my house and drop it off personally on Saturday or Sunday, just give me a call at 586-421-1642 so that I can make sure that I am home.

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sincerely
Lisa :-)
Lisa Ekanger Your Hometown Realtor!

No comments:

Post a Comment