Thursday, May 2, 2013

You were born to sail, to expand.

By Mastin Kipp A friend of mine who is a brilliant, dedicated and respected yoga teacher here in L.A. once said, as she was pacing around her house, "I'm faffing again!" And I thought to myself, "What is faffing?" She saw the puzzled look on my face and said, "I faff a lot - I waste time doing nothing as a form of resistance. And I don't even know that I'm doing it sometimes!" According to the Urban Dictionary faffing means to aimlessly waste time doing useless tasks. Ouch! I do that all the time. Here's how I faff… 1. Social media addiction 2. Email addiction 3. Social media commenting addiction 4. Cleaning up too much when I should be writing 5. Taking on projects that don't scare me, while avoiding soul projects that I know I should be doing 6. Living my life based on what other people think 7. Did I mention social media addiction? 8. Eating comfort food when I should be creating Those are just to name a few. We avoid our calling and, as a result, our lives by faffing our lives away. We faff every day and stay "busy" but it's a false sense of accomplishment. I'm amazed at how much I can get done when I stop faffing and actually focus on what matters. I am also amazed at how much I do that doesn't really matter - or doesn't matter as much as the real soul's calling that I am meant to do. And I suppose at the root of all this faff is fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of change. Fear of rejection. Fear of life getting worse instead of better. Fear of fear. And fear of fearing fear. It's all fear and quite frankly it's all BS. To faff is to miss out on life. To faff is to deny your soul. To faff is to ignore your Creator and make meaningless tasks seem important and important tasks seem impossible. You were not born to faff. You were born to sail. To expand. To grow. To live a bigger, brighter version of your life. And to do this - look at where you faff and turn your faffing into fear tackling. Isn't it time we stopped faffing and started living? Food for thought…. As always, the action happens over on the BLOG; head on over there and leave a comment on my blog "Do you find yourself faffing your life away?" and join in the conversation! The TDL Community thrives in the comments and it's a GREAT place to get support! XOXO, Lisa Ekanger Your Hometown Realtor!

No comments:

Post a Comment