Friday, August 21, 2015

Youre going to be OK.

Pent up, isolated and scared. That's what my life has become. How did I get here? Why did I allow it to happen? I allowed fear, impasse, and apathy be my guides. I allowed my life to become a broken, joyless playground where the equipment is beginning to rust. I never dreamed I would lose control of my happiness; it was replaced with an insidious lack of self confidence. To the outside world, I appeared to have it all--- long standing and solid marriage, 3 beautiful children, a nice career, a wonderful house and tons of friends. After all, isn't this the definition of having it all? Beautiful things, beautiful rings, and I (the beautiful) sings...about the loneliness and complete isolation I feel right now. That was, I felt until I met a friend from first grade who helped me see the light. He said, live, breathe! You're going to be OK. Lisa Ekanger

No comments:

Post a Comment