Thursday, January 10, 2013

In order to drive from Point A to Point B, you must first get into your car and turn the key.

written By Jenna Phillips
It’s the second Thursday of the New Year. How are we doing so far? That list of New Year’s resolutions is either hovering over your shoulders, staring at your face every morning because it’s posted on your mirror, or it’s creatively put together on a vision board. However you decided to declare what you’re up to this year, it’s time to make it even more REAL.

It’s nice to proclaim what you want because that’s the first step toward reaching your goals. But you must take action steps to let The universe know you are SERIOUS about being ready for whatever it’s gonna serve you. The universe ONLY gives you what you can handle, so if you aren’t playing a BIG game – you can’t expect anything more than mediocrity to be delivered to you.

I’m a big believer in the Law Of Attraction because it has worked for me in both positive and negative ways. Anything I give my attention to, I attract; good or bad, awesome or not. Love attracts love, but it’s the ACT of giving LOVE that brings more of it into your life.

If you want to find your soul mate, you get to BE the person you want to meet. That starts with LOVING yourself fiercely, passionately and madly. In January of last year I proclaimed that I would meet my soul mate and that we’d live together in a new condo near the beach in Malibu. A month later, I met my future husband on match.com, and three months after that I discovered my dream condo that we now live in together. I actively put myself out there on the dating site, but he was the one who found ME. As for the condo, I actively looked at my options on Craig’s List but it was the first listing I saw. It was that easy. I proclaimed what I wanted and it all was drawn to me. Life doesn’t have to be hard, but you gotta take action steps – one foot in front of the other.

Does a book get written all by itself? Nope.
Does your body get more defined by just wishing for your dream body? Not so much.
Does your closet get organized simply by imagining what it would be like if it were color-coordinated? No.

But you already knew all of this. You get what I’m saying, because you’re a smart cookie. You know how powerful you are, and you also know that in order to drive from Point A to Point B, you must first get into your car and turn the key. I’m just here to remind you of what your Higher Self knows to be true. We like to forget that we know the answer to all of our questions.
This is NOT the year to play small anymore. This is YOUR year to leave all that stuff behind the line. The stuff that holds us back – the excuses, the stories, the circumstances and the fear of failing. Feel good knowing that failure is NOT an option. You cannot fail; you just can’t. The Uni-verse doesn’t work that way. The Uni-verse rewards us for taking chances and leaps of faith. The only true sense of failure is not trying. We often mistake “moving on” for “giving up,” but they are not the same.
If you take an action step by trying something new or different, and it doesn’t work out the way you thought it would, you get to move on to the next chapter. By moving forward through the chapters of your life, you get to grow, evolve, blossom and flourish. How awesome is that? That’s the difference between WISHING/WALLOWING and DECLARING/DOING.
Ten days have already passed in this New Year of LIMITLESS possibilities and ABUNDANT opportunities. Are you actively pursuing what you’re committed to this year? How are you being a LEADER of your OWN life? Declare what you want and tell me how you’re gonna DO it in the comments section below!
My intention for 2013 is to motivate and inspire as many people as possible. I’m declaring that I will be on the cover of a magazine this year by getting in the BEST shape of my life! I’ll do that by starting a 21-Day Sugar Detox on January 14th. That is also the same day that I’m beginning another 90-Day Mission of eating a Paleo diet (only REAL food) and doing a different kind of fitness every single day. To hold myself accountable, I’ll be posting daily YouTube videos for you all to see what I’m up to. I’m done hiding out and playing small. It’s GAME TIME!!!
Love all that is you,

Lisa Ekanger Your Hometown Realtor!

No comments:

Post a Comment