Friday, January 18, 2013

Triggers happen.They do.

To be both HUMAN and SPIRIT!


Triggers happen.
They do.
There’s nothing we can do to stop them – because it is through our triggers that we learn about ourselves.
I still get triggered. Someone says something. Someone does something. Something happens.
BOOM – nice Mastin is GONE and triggered Mastin is there.
It’s inevitable.
I’ve come to believe that the journey is really about seeking the peace within the chaos – the Truth within the trigger.
Life is not about NOT being triggered. Life is about bringing LOVE and AWARENESS to our triggers and moments when our emotions come up.
You see, a lot of people I know make the mistake of shooting for a “spiritual bypass” – where they try to deny their humanness – they try to deny their emotions, they try to put their negativity and triggers in a box – and then pretend they don’t exist.
And then – over time – they stack up – and BOOM – you have a breakdown, an emotional explosion or other expression.
Having these doesn’t mean something is wrong with you. It means you are human.
Here at TDL we advocate a full acceptance and expression of your human nature. This lets us be fully alive. From there, we also believe in tapping into the higher awareness that is your Soul, that is the observer of the human mind and emotions.
We are part spirit, part human. To deny either is to deny who you are.
We can’t sit around and just justify our negativity as “being human”. And we also can’t not express ourselves because we are “spiritual”. We need both.
This is the beautiful balance that we get to walk as spiritual beings having a human experience.
I have found that when I let myself express, when I allow myself to be who I am – without any judgment – amazing things happen.

And once I express myself – without judgment, I do my best to bring my awareness, my Soul perspective into the moment.
My aim is to have my Soul awareness be there as I am being triggered, so that I catch myself faster.
We all have triggers. We all have intense emotions, both dark and light. These are not good or bad – they are just information.
We must allow ourselves to express ourselves, we must allow ourselves to be FULLY human and FULLY spirit.
This dance is the dance that allows the greatest version of life to be lived.
How can you allow yourself to be both human and spirit?
As always, the action happens in the comments below. Leave a comment and join the conversation! The TDL Community thrives in the comments and it’s a GREAT place to get support!
Love,
 
Lisa Ekanger Your Hometown Realtor!

No comments:

Post a Comment