Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The days of "do as I say, not as I do" - are over!

Written by Mastin Kipp
What's more convincing... Someone who says one thing and does another, or someone who walks his or her talk? It's easy to know the answer when you read it in my blog. Of COURSE it's the person who is walking their talk - DUH.
But in life, it's not so obvious.
If you REALLY want to inspire people, walk your talk. The days of "do as I say, not as I do" - are over! With the Internet and social media, we live in a world of transparency. No falsities. And why this is GREAT for people on the spiritual path in the spiritual world is that the playing field is level and we can all embrace our humanity.
No one is perfect. No one. Not ONE self-help person you look up to is the perfect image that you imagine them to be. In many ways, those of us who are the "teachers" are the most messed up ones because we have come to teach what we need to learn ourselves.
The good news here is that we can now use our pain, our weakness, our shortcomings and our mistakes, not as more reasons for us to be WRONG, but we can now share them authentically and know that we are not alone. In this allowingness of our humanity, empathy and compassion emerge, as does a sense of connection.
Think about it. If my blog was just a big soapbox for how I thought I was so perfect, it would be total BS and you could see that a mile away. My guess is that the reason why you love my blog so much is that I just tell you my story, my faults AND also my insights and strengths. It SPANS the human experience instead of just reaching for some unreachable height of spiritual perfection that actually denies life itself.
Life is messy. We mess up. We have great moments. We have horrible moments. We have brilliant moments. The goal is to allow and admit them all. To be willing to look bad, silly or goofy. To not aim for perfection, but rather express ourselves as we are, strong, scared and in human form.
So, if you want to inspire someone, do it with who you are BEING, not what you are saying.
How can what you SAY and what you DO link up? Leave a comment on the blog and let me know!
Love from
Lisa Ekanger Your Hometown Realtor!

No comments:

Post a Comment