Welcome to my Kind Journey Blog!
Kind Journey is a place you visit daily for quotes, poetry, stories (and sometimes easy recipes or projects) that are designed to inspire, calm, motivate and educate you on your own life journey.
Lisa:-) ~ A little Love Can Change A Life ~ A little Rain Can Straighten A Flower Stem ~ Anonymous
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Never let them see you sweat. This is the single most crucial factor to throwing a great party.
Never let them see you sweat. This is the single most crucial factor to throwing a great party. The host must stay completely cool even in the face of possible disaster. Your guests want the illusion that you effortlessly whipped together this little function just before you dressed. They do not want to know that you are exhausted from planning all week.
Do not ever let on that you are stressed. It makes your guest uncomfortable and the party starts off on a sour note. That said here are some tips to help you throw that effortlessly fabulous party.
• Try to plan so that at least 3 of the 4 menu items can be prepared before the guests arrive. A hearty soup could be made the day before, and salads can be prepared, left in the fridge and dressing added just before serving.
• Don’t underestimate the pressure cooker. They are the perfect no fuss way to create delicious meals. Throw in the ingredients and hours later your fabulous meal is revealed.
• If you can, set your table a day in advance. Also, go through all of your serving pieces including silverware, glassware etc to make sure everything is ready to be used.
• Consider ordering in. Have the meal delivered a half hour before your guest arrive and keep the items warm in the oven. Serve on your own attractive dishes and serving pieces and no one will know the difference.
• If your ability in the kitchen is less-than-stellar, why not host a party that requires a lot less in the way of culinary aptitude. Have a wine and cheese, a Make your Own Pizza night, or a muffin and coffee brunch.